Does the police department offer a Vacation Watch for residents?

Yes. The Flower Mound Police Department offers free Vacation Watches as a service to Flower Mound residents. Vacation Watch Request Forms are available in the PD lobby or online (see below link). *****NOTE: this form has been updated as of December 2018.***** For your convenience the lobby is equipped with a secure drop box for Vacation Watch Request Forms to be submitted when the police records desk is closed. During a Vacation Watch, beat officers will attempt to drive by the location within a 24-hour period and may conduct a routine foot patrol around the residence. If another person will be staying at the dwelling in the absence of the resident(s), or the residence has an active alarm system, the level of police response will be adjusted accordingly. This service will be contingent upon things such as the level of other police activity, staffing levels, and other unforeseen circumstances at the time.

We encourage you to complete the form before the day you travel. If we have any questions or concerns about the information you provided we can attempt to contact you before you leave. The Flower Mound Police Department will attempt to patrol this location at least once in a 24 hour period and a routine foot patrol may be conducted. Level of service is dependent upon your answers to the questions on the Vacation Watch Request Form and our level of other police activity at the time of the patrol. A Vacation Watch shall last no longer than 30 days and shall only be permitted to be repeated on the same dwelling after a 30 day lapse between Vacation Watches.  Vacation Watches can only be requested on single family dwellings.

Vacation Watch Form

Show All Answers

1. How do I take care of a traffic citation?
2. Does the police department offer a Vacation Watch for residents?
3. Does the police department offer child safety seat inspections?
4. Why do I sometimes see Flower Mound police officers running radar or working traffic in one location on a regular basis?
5. How do I commend an officer for an outstanding job?
6. Is there a particular officer that works in my neighborhood?
7. How do I file a complaint against an officer?
8. Can I report information about possible criminal activity and remain anonymous?
9. Can citizens ride along with a police officer on patrol?
10. Does the Flower Mound Police Department offer a Citizen’s Police Academy?
11. Does the Flower Mound Police Department offer a finger printing service?
12. How do I get a copy of an accident report?
13. How do I obtain an alarm permit for my home or business?
14. Why do I have to have an alarm permit?
15. I received an alarm permit renewal invoice from Colorado Springs, Colorado. Is this correct?
16. Can I determine if I have a warrant out for my arrest over the phone?
17. How do I schedule a crime prevention program?
18. Should I call 9-1-1 if I do not know the Police Department’s nonemergency phone number?
19. What can I do if I see a reckless driver?
20. Can I drop charges in a family violence case?
21. Can the Flower Mound Police Department provide me with copies of vehicle registration, drivers license, or criminal history returns?