What do I do if I have a leak?

If a leak occurs during the business hours of 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, please call the Utility Billing Division at 972.874.6010 for a service technician to turn off your water so repairs can be made. If an emergency leak is discovered and you require assistance turning off the water after hours, please call 972-539-0525, and the appropriate personnel will contact the Service Department to come and turn off your water. Call the Utility Billing Division number when your repairs are finished for your water to be turned back on. Yes, it is okay if the plumber turns it back on and most often they do. If the leak causes your bill to go up higher than normal, contact the Utility Billing Division to see if an adjustment is available.

For more information on turning off your water during a water leak, click here.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the water department located?
2. How do I get the water service in my name?
3. When do I get my deposit back?
4. Can the deposit be waived if I send a Letter of Credit?
5. How can I get garbage service?
6. Where can I get rid of my moving boxes?
7. How can I pay my water bill?
8. Can I check my account online?
9. Does Flower Mound offer E-Billing for utility statements?
10. Do you offer water bill averaging?
11. Is the meter read every month?
12. Where is my water meter located?
13. Why is my water bill so high?
14. What do I do if I have a leak?
15. How can I check for a slow leak?
16. Why is my sewer rate so high?
17. How often is my meter read and how is it read?
18. How do I turn off my water at the meter?
19. How do I test for a water leak on my side of the meter?