- Written examination (for cadets only)
- 2000-meter row evaluation
- Interview with background investigator
- Oral review board
- Background investigation (applicants who successfully pass this will be given a Conditional Offer of Employment)
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological examination
- Medical examination and drug screen
The Flower Mound Police Department has participated in two events, organized by City Career Fair that targets and delivers candidates from all classes covered under the Title VII Civil Rights Act of 1964. This includes women, people of color, seniors, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities. The Police Department did not attend the 2019 event because of the low event turnout and application rates in 2018. The organization’s 2020 career fair was rescheduled to occur later this year due to COVID-19.
CPS-HR Consulting provides the department with the Police Officer Entry Examination. Their test has been validated to adhere to the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures to comply with legal requirements adopted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Civil Service Commission, the Department of Labor, and the Department of Justice.