If you or a loved one may need special assistance during an emergency, make sure to register with the State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR). This free registry, maintained by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM), provides local emergency planners and responders with information on any special assistance needed by certain people in their community. In Flower Mound, our first responders use the registry information to assist with wellness checks during a disaster or emergency. All the information you provide will be kept confidential. People who should register include:
- People with disabilities.
- People who are medically fragile.
- Public or private care facilities with on-site residents.
- People with limited mobility or communication barriers.
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency.
- People who require transportation or personal care assistance.
To learn more about STEAR and how Flower Mound emergency responders use the information, and to register, visit www.flower-mound.com/STEAR.