The Flower Mound Public Library is excited to announce the grand opening of its Creation Lab on Tuesday, Sept. 7! The Lab was designed with input from residents as part of the Library’s recent expansion. It is a space for residents to express their creativity while using and learning about high and low-tech creation tools.
When the Creation Lab opens, there will be multiple tools available, including a 3D printer, sewing machine, laminator, and an embroidery machine. Be sure to check back over time as new tools are added, including a laser engraver that is scheduled to be installed later this year.
Tools that will be available when the Lab opens include:
- PolyPrinter 229 3d Printer
- Cricut Maker 3 and Cricut EasyPress 2 digital cutter and heat press
- Brother CS7000i sewing machine
- Baby Lock Pathfinder embroidery machine
- Two Mac Computers with Adobe Creative Cloud and a variety of other creation software
- Two Dell PCs with Adobe Creative Cloud and a variety of other creation software
- HUION Kamvas drawing tablet
- American Button Machines 1.5-inch button maker
- Fellowes Jupiter 2 laminator
- Fellowes Quasar 500 spiral binding machine
Lab equipment is available to Library cardholders ages 13 and older. Users under 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Lab users or their parent or guardian will be required to sign a use agreement and liability waiver. Some equipment will require safety training. Use of machines can be scheduled in advance or used on a walk-in basis if available. Depending on the machine, materials must either be supplied by the user or purchased from the Library for a nominal fee.
The Library is hosting multiple open house tours to introduce residents to the Lab. Tours are on a come-and-go basis, and registration is not required. Tours are scheduled Thursday, Sept. 16 from 5-8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 30 from 1:30-4:30 p.m., and Friday, Nov. 12 from 5-7 p.m.
For details on Lab equipment and procedures, hours, open house tours, and classes, please visit www.flower-mound.com/creationlab.