- Provides Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) services
- Receives and dispatches requests for Police, Fire, and Animal Control emergency and non-emergency services
For more information on the requirements listed below, pleas call 972.874.3330.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required
- Out of state hires must obtain a Texas driver’s license within 30 days of establishing residency
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license
- Must train, test, and certify as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) per Priority Dispatch standards
- Must work flexible hours to include all shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays, and accept on-call duty status
- No convictions of a Class A Misdemeanor or above under the Texas Penal Code or any comparable state or federal law, to include the Uniform Code of Military Justice
- No convictions of a Class B Misdemeanor under the Texas Penal Code or any comparable state or federal law, to include the Uniform Code of Military Justice
- No convictions of a Class C misdemeanor or comparable law within the last five (5) years (excluding traffic violations)
- No criminal charges pending or under indictment for any criminal offense
- No excessive marijuana use
- No marijuana use in the past two (2) years. No illegal drug use in the last five (5) years; other drug use considered on case by case basis
- Not have more than three chargeable accidents within the last three (3) years, or any combination of chargeable accidents and moving violations which equal to four (4) or more in the last three (3) years
- Not on probation for any offense
- Six months or more of municipal Police, Fire, and 9-1-1 enhanced dispatching experience preferred
- Telecommunications Certification, as issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE), preferred
- CritiCall and SELECT Test at DENCO 911 Testing Center.
- Interview with background investigator
- Oral Board
- Background investigation (Applicants who successfully pass this will be given a Conditional Offer of Employment)
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological examination
- Medical examination / drug screen
You may re-apply after one year if you fail the psychological examination. Any other disqualification will result in a minimum disqualification of one year or possible permanent disqualification.