Flower Mound Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement
The Flower Mound Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement (FATE) program is designed to eliminate or substantially reduce the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco products to minors, whose possession of these substances is prohibited by state law. A joint venture between the FMPD and local retailers, FATE is enthusiastically endorsed by the Flower Mound Chamber of Commerce, the Lewisville Independent School District, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and the Town of Flower Mound.
Program criteria include the following commitments from the retailer (manager or owner) who sells these products:
- To agree to report any attempt of the illegal purchase of these products as soon as reasonably possible.
- To do everything within their power and authority to prevent the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco products to minors.
- To properly train, supervise and monitor their employees and take disciplinary action against any employee violating applicable state laws.
- A FATE certificate providing notice to patrons that they are committed to this program and those thinking of making illegal alcohol or tobacco purchases should reconsider.
- Complimentary on-site training for owners, managers, and employees of the FATE program participants upon request. In addition to information on state and local regulations governing the sale of alcohol and tobacco products, the course clearly defines the legal consequences of violating those laws.
For More Information
For more information contact the FATE officer at 972.874.3390.