The TexShare Card Program allows registered users of participating TexShare libraries to get a library card at any of the TexShare libraries, giving you access to library materials not available at your local library.
How to get a TexShare Card
- Register for a TexShare card at your local library.
- Consult the TexShare website to see the list of libraries that participate and the specific lending policies of the library you wish to visit.
- Present your TexShare card and FMPL library card at the reciprocating library’s circulation desk to activate your checkout privileges. You may be required to show a photo ID. Please note that the card has an expiration date.
- Check out the books at the circulation desk. Please note the lending library’s fines and fees policy.
- When finished with the materials, return them to the lending library in person.
Flower Mound Public Library TexShare Policy
The library participates in the Texas State Library TexShare card program.
TexShare cards are issued to any Flower Mound Library cardholder who meets the following requirements listed below. The card will expire on the date that the TexShare card from the home library expires:
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Be in good standing with the Flower Mound Public library
- Flower Mound cardholder for three months or longer
TexShare cardholders from other libraries will be issued a Flower Mound Public Library card if they:
- Present a valid TexShare card issued from their home library
- Show a photo ID with their correct mailing address and their library card from the home library