- No permit is required for a garage sale; however, a garage sale cannot last more than three days and each household is only allowed two per year.
- Garage sale signs do not require a permit, but can only be placed on private property within 24 hours of the sale and must be removed within 24 hours after the conclusion of the sale.
- Sign height may not exceed 3 feet and sign area may not exceed 6 feet.
- One sign is allowed for every 50 feet of lineal frontage of private property.
- Prohibited sign locations include Town property, public right-of-ways, medians, utility poles, fences, trees, and vehicles. Balloons are signs with moving parts are also prohibited.
- Sale signs that are displayed on public property will be removed by Town Property Standards staff members. If you would like additional information or have questions about garage sales, please call 972.874.6340.
For a complete list of the garage sale sign requirements, please see Sec. 86-4 and Sec. 86-102 in the Code of Ordinance.