Do you or anyone you know need some assistance during times of an emergency event? The state of Texas offers Texans the option to register with the STEAR program, a FREE registry that provides local emergency planners and responders with additional information on the needs in their community.
Flower Mound will use the registry information to assist with wellness checks during a disaster or emergency event. The Town will only save information from accounts updated within the last two calendar years. Registering yourself in the STEAR registry does NOT guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency.
All of the information you provide during registration will be kept CONFIDENTIAL.
Who Should Register?
- People with disabilities
- People who are medically fragile
- Public or Private Care Facilities
- People with access and functional needs such as:
- limited mobility
- communication barriers
- those who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- those who require transportation assistance
- those who require personal care assistance
How to Register:
- Visit https://stear.tdem.texas.gov.
- Individuals create a Public account.
- Care facilities (assisted living, memory care, etc.) create a Health Care Provider account.
- Or, dial 2-1-1 or use your video phone relay option of choice to contact 211.
- Or, contact Flower Mound Emergency Management for assistance registering or for any questions at 972.874.6209.
Information Required During Registration:
- Phone Number
- Primary Language
Optional Information Asked During Registration*:
- Emergency Contact Information
- Caregiver Information
- Transportation assistance for home evacuation
- Communication Barriers
- Disability, Functional or Medical Needs
*These questions will capture vital information for local emergency planners and responders so they can better assist you when needed.
Learn more about STEAR: