Senior Center Art Display Wall
Flower Mound Senior Center Art Display
The Flower Mound Senior Center has an art display space located in the main concourse area, for area artists to exhibit their two-dimensional works of art.
Exhibit and Installation Standards
- Artwork must be original. Exhibits can be created by individual artists or groups.
- Artists are not required to be Seniors In Motion (SIM) members; however, preference will be given to SIM members.
- The works must be suitable for wall hanging. A secure hanging wire on the back of artwork is required. The weight of any individual work to be displayed must not exceed 50 pounds. The display space is 24 feet wide by 12 feet high. Works to be displayed must fit in this space. A large work that fits in this space may be displayed individually, as long as it does not exceed the weight limit.
- Works to be displayed must be two‐dimensional and framed or otherwise prepared for display.
- Pieces with some degree of dimension will be accepted if they meet the hanging requirements. Sculpture and other three-dimensional works that must be placed on a flat surface cannot be displayed.
- Town staff will be responsible for hanging artwork but not responsible for any damage incurred during hanging. Artist may provide recommendations on how the work is to be arranged and oriented, but the Town reserves the right to make final decisions.
- If selected for display, artwork will remain on display for a maximum of two months. The Town reserves the right to schedule shorter exhibit periods.
- Artist must include information about the piece: Name, title, medium
- Security cameras are present; however, the Senior Center is a public building and there is always a risk that artwork could be damaged while on display.
- Artwork must be appropriate for viewing by guests of all ages. The Town reserves the right to reject work it deems inappropriate for display.
To have your work considered for display, please complete the SIM Art Wall Application form. Applications will be reviewed by Senior Center staff and the SIM Art Committee. If your work is selected, you will be contacted by Senior Center staff to arrange a date and time for installation. An artwork display agreement will be provided by the Town and must be signed and returned before any artwork can be installed.
- Artistic merit and appeal of the pieces to be displayed will be given the highest priority.
- A variety of media, styles, and subject matter will be sought.
- Artwork that does not meet the requirements for size and installation will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to SIM members, followed by artists aged 50 or older.
- Preference will be given to artists whose work has not been displayed previously.