VolunTEENS ages 15-17
The Library will accept applications for teen volunteers, ages 15-17, from March 1 to March 31. The Library will not accept late applications. Fill out the online application or ask for a paper application at the Youth Services Desk.
Becoming a VolunTEEN
- The Town of Flower Mound requires a background check on all volunteers (which requires a Social Security Number). This does not happen until after acceptance into the program
- VolunTEENS accepted into the program will be given a code of conduct to follow when volunteering at the Library
- The Library is unfortunately not able to accommodate every person who applies to be a volunteer. Being given opportunity to interview does not indicate acceptance into the program.
- Shelving Volunteer: Responsible for shelving an assigned area. Applicants must have good attention to detail and must commit to two shifts per month. Volunteers must attend and orientation and provide the days and times that they are available. Shelving volunteers commit to working two two-hour shifts per month. Visit the application form for more details.
- Summer Reading Club Volunteer: Volunteers have a range of duties, including, but not limited to, craft preparation, assisting librarians during children's programs, helping before and after program with setup and take-down, as well as working with children and families at the Summer Reading Club desk to provide information and hand out prizes and tickets for performances. This is a temporary position for June and July only.
If you have any questions, please contact the Youth Services Desk at 972-874-6167.