- Utility Billing
- Water Meter FAQ
- Reading Water Meters in Your Neighborhood
Reading Water Meters in Your Neighborhood
The Town of Flower Mound has six billing cycles every month to allow customers more time to pay their water bills. Each route is represented by an account number, which then determines the billing zone.
Your water account has a meter and a serial number associated with the account. All of the Town's water meter accounts are connected to a drive-by meter reading system. The radio read transponder unit sends out a signal to capture the serial number and meter reading. The information that is captured is sent back to the radio read transponder unit and the meter reading software then matches the serial number up with the serial number attached to the account. The software then auto-populates the meter reading to the matching account information. If the read fails to pick up via radio, a meter technician can enter the read manually.
The customer consumption history is not loaded into the software for the meter technician to refer to so they are unable to make any kind of estimate for your readings, as they will have no way to know what the consumption history is through the meter reading software. The meter technician cannot enter readings in a batch. They must be done one at a time. When a reading is recorded in the radio read software, the date, time stamp, and collection method are recorded.
Water Billing Zone Example
- Zone 1, Account #3: Meter readings through Aug. 1 to Sept. 1 with your bill due Oct. 1
- Zone 5, Account #4: Meter readings through Aug. 5 to Sept. 5 with your bill due Oct. 5
- Zone 10, Account #5: Meter readings through Aug. 10 to Sept. 10 with your bill due Oct. 10
- Zone 15, Account #6: Meter readings through Aug. 15 to Sept. 15 with your bill due Oct. 15
- Zone 20, Account #7: Meter readings through Aug. 20 to Sept. 20 with your bill due Oct. 20
- Zone 25, Account #8: Meter readings through Aug. 25 to Sept. 25 with your bill due Oct. 25
Please contact Utility Billing at 972.874.6010 to update your personal contact information to include a phone number and email address.