Community Activity Center Reopenings
Last Updated: June 25, 2020
The Community Activity Center (CAC) is partially open in specific areas at 50 percent capacity to members only, with modified hours of Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. As areas reach their maximum capacity, members will be required to wait outside the building until space becomes available.
Showers and locker rooms are available with social distancing mandates in effect.
For those exercising on the fitness floor, please remember to bring gloves that cover the entire hand as they are currently required and will not be provided. Members should also bring their own water bottle, towel, and hand sanitizer, due to limited supplies. All users are asked to limit their workouts to 1-hour.
- Current capacity limits: Up to 2 members per lap lane for swimming, 25 members total for open swim
Lap Swimming: The indoor pool will be available for lap swimming Monday - Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Members are encouraged to make a one-hour reservation by calling 972.874.6294. Reservations will be limited to four times per week, up to two weeks in advance. A limited number of walk-ups will be accepted as capacity restrictions allow. Please note staff will clear the water five minutes before the hour to allow for a smooth transition between swimmers and for necessary cleaning.
Open Swim: The indoor pool will be available for open swim in two-hour time slots Monday - Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Please note staff will clear the water five minutes before the last hour to allow for a smooth transition between swimmers.
- Current capacity limits: 34 total members
The fitness floor will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Members are asked to limit their workouts to one hour. State mandates specify patrons wipe down equipment before and after use, and wear gloves that fully cover from the wrist to the fingers while exercising. The Town will not provide gloves. Members should maintain social distancing requirements. Face masks are recommended.
- Current capacity limits: 24 total members (a maximum of 12 members per side)
- Members are encouraged to bring their own ball to play
The gymnasium will be available on a first -come, first-served basis. Members are asked to limit their time in the gym to one hour.
- Current capacity limits: 10 total members
The indoor track is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Users of the track will not be permitted on the fitness floor, unless space is available. Members are instructed to maintain social distancing requirements. Face masks are recommended.
During the shutdown, all CAC memberships were credited for any remaining time left on the membership during the closure, until Monday, July 6.
- For example, if you had a membership that still had five days remaining on the date the CAC temporarily closed (March 14), it will be valid for five days after July 6. June is being offered at no charge. Similarly, an annual membership that had two months remaining at the time the CAC closed, will have two months remaining after Monday, July 6.
- Membership Automatic Renewals: Autorenewals will begin charging again after July 6, depending on the new expiration date of your membership.
For questions about your membership, please call 972.874.7275, or email email@example.com.
Areas to Remain Closed
Until further notice, the following amenities and services will remain closed:
- Group exercise classes
- Outdoor water park and concessions
- Tot drop
- Chill zone
- Recreation programming
Furthermore, to help us maintain social distancing requirements, there will be no scheduling of facility rentals or birthday parties until further notice.