Denton County Resources
- Denton County Public Health coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline: 940.349.2585
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Denton County MHMR Crisis Hotline: 1.800.762.0157
- Hotline staff provides information, support, intake appointments, intervention, and referrals to callers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- DCPHS Facebook page, Twitter account
State Information and Resources
On March 19, the Texas Supreme Court issued an order suspending evictions in Texas. The order delays any residential evictions until after April 19, with limited exceptions in cases where a renter poses an imminent threat of physical harm to others or engages in criminal activity.
- Email: email@example.com
- For questions about COVID‑19, dial 2‑1‑1, then choose Option 6.
Hours: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., seven days a week
- If you experience difficulty when dialing 2-1-1, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DSHS Facebook page, Twitter account
- Texas Workforce Commission’s unemployment benefits phone line may have periods of high call volume. You can file your claim online at ui.texasworkforce.org and check the box for COVID-19 if your unemployment was caused by the pandemic.
Federal Information and Resources
- President Trump issued an emergency declaration providing taxpayers a deadline extension to file their taxes from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020.
- President Trump signed an emergency economic package into law that will provide relief for certain citizens. This legislation only authorizes a one-time payment. There’s no need to sign-up. Payments will be automatic for those who filed a tax return or recently received Social Security benefits. The IRS will post updates on its website. This is how the checks will be calculated:
- For those who made less than $75,000 in 2019, you will be eligible for the full payment of $1,200.
- Couples who filed jointly and made less than $150,000 will receive $2,400.
- An individual who filed as "head of household" and earned $112,500 or less will receive $1,200.
- For every child in the household, households will receive an additional $500.
- For those who made more than $75,000 in 2019, their payment will be reduced by $5 for every $100 of income that exceeds the limit. The payment decreases to zero for an individual making $99,000 or more or a couple making $198,000 or more.
- CDC Contact Info
- CDC Travelers Info Page
- CDC for Healthcare Professionals
- CDC if you are sick
- CDC Facebook page, Twitter account
Drive-Thru Testing Facility in Denton County
MD Medical Group is offering drive-thru testing in Lewisville, located at Clinicas Mi Doctor, 701 South Stemmons Freeway. This is Denton County’s first drive-thru testing facility, Those who would like to take advantage of this service must request an appointment online, and must show symptoms like fever, cough and/or difficulty to breathe to be scheduled. COVID-19 tests are administered at the provider’s discretion.
Grocery Store - Special Hours
Several local grocery stores are offering special shopping hours for senior citizens and other individuals deemed at-risk of more serious complications from COVID-19. Please check with your local grocery store’s website or social media pages to confirm these special hours, as well as temporary business hours.
- Costco - 9 to 10 a.m. Monday through Friday
- Kroger - 6 to 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Market Street - 7 to 9 a.m. Monday and Thursday
- Sam’s Club - 7 to 9 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- Target - 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday
- Tom Thumb - 7 to 9 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- Walmart - 6 to 7 a.m. Tuesday
- Whole Foods - 7 to 8 a.m. daily
- Winco - 6 to 7:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday
Utility Bill Assistance
Atmos Energy (Gas)
- Atmos Energy has temporarily suspended natural gas disconnections. Customers who need help paying their bill may visit https://www.atmosenergy.com/customer-service/get-help-paying-your-bill.
- “Sharing the Warmth” – This program leverages the generosity of customer donations with additional contributions by Atmos. Atmos then partners with local nonprofit agencies to reach those specific customers.
- Budget Billing - based on a rolling, 12-month average of the bill and adjusts monthly, providing a more predictable amount due every month. For more information, call 888.286.6700.
CoServ Service Area (Electricity and Gas)
- At this time, CoServ is suspending disconnections for nonpayment for electric and natural gas bills for residential Members and Customers through Monday, April 13. CoServ will monitor the situation and adjust this date as needed.
- Members are encouraged to visit CoServ.com/financialassistance for help paying their bills.
- For additional measures CoServ currently has in place please visit https://www.coserv.com/About/COVID-19.