- Coronavirus Information
- Resident Links
- Resident Resources
Denton County Resources
Denton County Public Health Services
- Denton County Public Health coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline: 940.349.2585
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Denton County MHMR Crisis Hotline: 1.800.762.0157
- Hotline staff provides information, support, intake appointments, intervention, and referrals to callers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- DCPHS Facebook page, Twitter account
State Information and Resources
Texas Department of State Health Services
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about COVID‑19, dial 2‑1‑1, then choose Option 6.
Hours: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., seven days a week
- If you experience difficulty when dialing 2-1-1, please email email@example.com.
- DSHS Facebook page, Twitter account
- Texas Workforce Commission’s unemployment benefits phone line may have periods of high call volume. You can file your claim online at ui.texasworkforce.org and check the box for COVID-19 if your unemployment was caused by the pandemic.
Texas Department of State Health Services number of current cases
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Contact Info
- CDC Travelers Info Page
- CDC for Healthcare Professionals
- CDC if you are sick
- CDC Facebook page, Twitter account
Utility Bill Assistance
Atmos Energy (Gas)
- Customers who need help paying their bill may visit https://www.atmosenergy.com/news/need-help-paying-your-natural-gas-bill.
- “Sharing the Warmth” – This program leverages the generosity of customer donations with additional contributions by Atmos. Atmos then partners with local nonprofit agencies to reach those specific customers.
- Budget Billing - based on a rolling, 12-month average of the bill and adjusts monthly, providing a more predictable amount due every month. For more information, call 888.286.6700.
CoServ Service Area (Electricity and Gas)
- At this time, CoServ is suspending disconnections for nonpayment for electric and natural gas bills for residential Members and Customers through Monday, April 13. CoServ will monitor the situation and adjust this date as needed.
- Members are encouraged to visit CoServ.com/financialassistance for help paying their bills.
- For additional measures CoServ currently has in place please visit https://www.coserv.com/About/COVID-19.