COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
When will the Library reopen?
- The Library will begin offering curbside pickup on Monday, May 18.
- The Library’s current business hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beginning June 1, the Library will be open to the public Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Library will be closed Friday through Sunday, until further notice.
For more information, visit the Town’s COVID-19 webpage.
How will curbside service work?
Beginning Monday, May 18, curbside service will be available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What Library services will be available on June 1?
- Library patrons will be able to enter the Library to browse for and check out materials
- A limited number of computers will be available, for a limit of two hours per day.
- Study rooms will not be available and seating will be limited, to promote social distancing.
- Tutoring will not be permitted.
How can I contact the Library?
- By phone: Call 972.874.6200 during business hours to speak with a staff member.
- By e-mail: E-mail email@example.com. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
Calls and e-mails will be returned within one business day.
How can I get a Library card?
Fill out our online Library card application. Once your address has been verified, you will receive your Library card information via e-mail. Please allow at least one business day for your application to be processed.
What will happen with the items I have on hold?
Holds that were on the hold shelf prior to our closure, as well as holds that came in during the closure, will remain on hold for you. Items will be available for curbside pickup starting Monday, May 18.
How can I renew my items?
All item will be due after the Library opens, unless you renew them by phone or online.
- By phone: Call 972.874.6200 to speak with a staff member about your renewal during business hours.
- Online: Click here to log in to your account online. You will need to have your Library card number and password.
Where can I return items?
There is a book return slot on the east side of the building. The book return will be closed from 5 p.m. Friday until 9 a.m. Monday. Returned items will be checked in and removed from your account.
Programs and Events
Will the Library still be having weekly and monthly programs and special events?
All live programs are canceled until further notice. Storytimes are on break during the months of May and August. During June and July, they will be offered via Zoom. Please e-mail Ms. Heather in order to receive instructions on how to join.
Summer Reading Challenge will be held starting June 1, using the Wandoo Reader online tracker, as in prior years. If you already have an account from last summer, you simply need to login. New accounts can pre-register starting Monday, May 18. If you need assistance, please contact the Library. There will be no special summer events at the Library. “Grab and Go” activities will be available – check back for details, coming soon.
Can I come in to do my volunteer shift?
Volunteers shifts will resume in the fall.