Town Hall Art Display
Overview and Details of the Program
The Town of Flower Mound has an art display space in Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers, for area artists to exhibit their two‐dimensional works of art.
The goals of this program are to:
- Enhance public appreciation and understanding of a wide variety of art forms;
- Provide local artists with a venue in which to showcase their work;
- Provide Flower Mound residents and visitors with a space for arts and culture; and
- Create a more vibrant community place.
Exhibit and Installation Standards
- Exhibits can be created by individual artists or groups.
- Artwork must be original.
- Artists are not required to be Flower Mound residents; however, preference will be given to Flower Mound residents, followed by Denton County residents.
- Works to be displayed must be two‐dimensional and framed or otherwise prepared for display. Pieces with some degree of dimension will be accepted if they meet the hanging requirements. Sculpture and other three-dimensional works that must be placed on a flat surface cannot be displayed.
- The works must be suitable for wall hanging. A secure hanging wire on the back of artwork is required. The weight of any individual work to be displayed must not exceed 50 pounds. The display space is 12 feet wide by 19 feet high. Works to be displayed must fit in this space. A large work that fits in this space may be displayed individually, as long as it does not exceed the weight limit.
- Town staff will be responsible for hanging artwork, but is not responsible for any damage incurred during hanging. The artist may provide recommendations on how the work is to be arranged and oriented, but the Town reserves the right to make final decisions.
- If selected for display, artwork will remain on display for a maximum of two months. The Town reserves the right to schedule shorter exhibit periods.
- Artists are encouraged to provide information including the artist’s name, title of each piece, medium, and artist’s contact information. This information will be listed on the Town’s website for the duration of the exhibit.
- Security cameras are present; however, the Town Hall is a public building and there is always a risk that artwork could be damaged while on display. The Town is not responsible for any damage or theft of artwork.
- The Flower Mound Town Hall is utilized by a wide variety of people; all artwork must be appropriate for viewing by residents of all ages. The Town reserves the right to reject work it deems inappropriate for display.
To have your work considered for display, please complete the Town Hall Art Display Application Form. Periodically, the Art Selection Committee, comprised of Town Staff and Cultural Arts Commission members, will review and approve the selection of an artist(s) for display. Due to limited gallery space, the Town cannot offer all applicants an opportunity to display. Applications will be kept on file for a period of two years for consideration. If your work is selected for display, you will be contacted by Town staff to arrange an installation date and time. An artwork display agreement will be provided by the Town and must be signed and returned before any artwork can be installed.
- Artistic merit (i.e., fine art, not crafts) and appeal of pieces to be displayed will be given the highest priority.
- A variety of media, styles, and subject matter will be sought.
- Artwork that does not meet the requirements for size and installation will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to Flower Mound residents, followed by residents of Denton County.
- Preference will be given to artists whose work has not been displayed previously.
- Seasonal or topical themes may occasionally be chosen.