The Veterans Liaison board position was created to enhance the Town’s current programs and services that honor our community’s men and women who served, or are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. The purpose of the position is to have a representative from the Veteran community serve in an advisory and participant role on matters pertaining to Veterans affairs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TERMThe Veteran Liaison shall be a Flower Mound resident and qualified voter of the Town at the time of his/her appointment, be currently serving in the military or hold a Veteran status. A member who ceases to reside in the Town during his/her term of office shall immediately forfeit his/her office.
• Other qualifications for membership shall be a genuine interest in Veterans affairs, the ability to work with the public, Town staff, Town boards, and have the time to devote to this service.
• This position's term will be for two years.
• Serves at the will and pleasure of the Town Council and may be removed before their terms expire.
• Shall serve without compensation.
• Serve as an information resource on the Town’s Veterans webpage
• Work with various boards/commissions, Town staff, the public and other organizations, to serve in both an advisory and participant role in coordinating Veterans events, activities, and announcements.
• Help to maintain a positive relationship between the Town and Denton County Veterans and other area Veteran support organizations.
• The Veterans Liaison may have other responsibilities as authorized or assigned by the Town Council.
Staff Representative: Shelly Willson