Building Information and Permits
This page contains information on permits and other forms that may be required for applications that are reviewed by the Building Inspections Division. Details on the review process and anticipated review times can be found on the Plan Review Information page. Answers to the most common questions received by the Division can be found on the FAQs page. If you have additional questions or need clarification, please contact staff during business hours.
Permits are required before performing any new construction or any addition, alteration or repair of existing buildings, structures, plumbing, electrical, or mechanical work (exception: all work which requires a permit, but is performed outside business hours for emergency reasons, must be submitted for permit the next business day).
Some of the projects where permits are required include:
- Certificates of Occupancy (any time the owner or occupant of a building or space changes)
- Commercial and residential - new construction, interior remodels, additions, alterations, and repairs
- Construction of retaining walls more than 4 feet in height
- Demolition of structures
- Driveway and sidewalk installations, fences, and walls
- Plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and construction of interior walls greater than 5 feet 10 inches in height
- Swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, accessory buildings, lawn irrigation systems, decks, and patio covers
- Temporary uses and structures such as tents, Christmas tree lots, and snow-cone stands
Electronic Submittal (click the link to apply online)
The following types of applications can be submitted online. The following links are provided for those who have made previous applications using the online system. For those who are new to the Town, please refer to the info sheets below or contact staff.
The following types of applications cannot be made electronically and require a printed form to be filled out and submitted to our office. Please contact staff during business hours if you have any questions.
Contractor Registration Forms
The following registration forms are for companies working within the Town limits. More information on the requirements can be found on the Registered Contractors page.
- Registration Renewal General Contractor
- Registration Renewal Licensed Contractor
- Backflow Tester Registration Form
- General Contractor Registration Form
- Homeowner Registration Form
- Licensed Contractor Registration Form
- Non-Contractor-For Review Purposes Only
Other Building Inspections Forms
The following documents may be required for certain permits.
- Backflow Test Report Form
- Pool Alarm Affidavit
- Pool Construction Affidavit
- Re-Stamp Form - Commercial
- Re-Stamp Form - Residential
- Tree Certification Form
- Statement of Required Special Inspections Form
- Report of Required Special Inspections Form
- Final Report of Special Inspections Form
The following are documents that provide information on various types of applications and other information related to the permitting process. Please contact staff during business hours if you have any questions.