Library Card Information
Get a Library Card
- Library cards are issued to any Denton County resident.
- Library cards are issued in person, at the Library, upon presentation of photo identification and proof of address.
- Individuals under the age of 17 must have a parent or legal guardian with them when applying for a library card.
- Library cardholders are responsible for all items checked out on their cards.
- Library cards may be issued to people who work in Denton County upon presentation of identification and proof of employment by a business located in Denton County.
- Corporate cards are issued to any business located within Denton County. The owner of the business or a person showing authorization on company letterhead may apply for the library card. A Corporate library card will be in the corporations name but the user of the corporate card must present the corporate card at the time of check out. One library card per corporation.
- Replacement library cards are available with identification and payment of the current replacement charge.
- Digital Content Only cards are available to high school students. No guardian is required but a current student I.D. is required.
Log in to Your Account
Books, music CDs, books on CD or MP3, and multi-media kits check out for 21 days. DVDs check out for seven days. Items can be renewed three times if the item has not been placed on hold by another patron. Book Club kits check out for 42 days and cannot be renewed. STEM kits checkout for 21 days to adult patrons only. The Library does not charge late fees, but cardholders will be expected to return items in a timely manner. Additional items may not be checked out until overdue items are returned or renewed.
Information on Holds
To place a hold:
- Click “Search the Library Catalog."
- Log in with your barcode and PIN.
- Search the catalog.
- Click on the title that you wish to place on hold.
- On the right side of the page, click "Place Hold," then "Confirm Hold."
For assistance with placing a hold, call 972.874.6200.
To suspend holds:
- Click “My Account”.
- Log in with your barcode and PIN.
- Click on the "Holds" tab.
- Click on "Suspend" for the items you want to suspend OR click on "Suspend all holds" at the bottom of the holds list.
- Select a date to suspend until OR leave the date blank to suspend indefinitely.
- Click "Suspend." Holds will automatically reactivate on date selected, in the same spot where they were in the list.
- Click “Log Out” when finished.
To reactivate holds:
- To reactivate suspended holds before the automatic reactivation date, click on "Resume" next to the item OR click on "Resume all suspended holds."
- Click "OK"
Items on hold may be picked up at the drive-thru window. Place the item on hold by logging into your Library account. Wait to receive an email notification that the item is ready. Call the Library Circulation Desk at 972.874.6172 at least 30 minutes prior to the desired pick-up time. The Library card used to place the hold must be presented to pick up items at the drive-thru window. Payment of fees, return of items and other transactions cannot be handled at the drive-thru window. Returns may be placed in the return window, located just past the pick-up window. Items at the drive-thru window will be returned to the inside Hold Shelf if not picked up by days' end. The pick-up window is open Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Friday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. It is closed on weekends.
Items not returned 30 days past the due date will be assessed as lost. A replacement fee is charged for lost items. If the item is found and returned to the Checkout Desk by the patron within 60 days of payment, a refund will be given by the Town of Flower Mound. The receipt is required for a refund to be processed.
Cardholders will be expected to pay a fee for damaged items. No library services will be available until all fees are resolved. Any damaged item must be disposed in accordance with the Town of Flower Mound damaged material policy.