- Boards and Commissions
- Planning and Zoning Commission
Planning and Zoning Commission
- Second and fourth Mondays of the month
- 6:30 p.m.
Public Comment During a Meeting - When & How Can I Speak?
Complete public a comment form available in the lobby and submit it to the Board Liaison in Jody Smith Hall prior to the start time of the meeting. If you wish to speak, please fill out a green comment card. If you do not wish to speak and would like your record captured in the meeting minutes, please fill out a gray comment card. The Chairperson will call your name at the appropriate time on the agenda. Speakers are limited to three minutes and time limits may be adjusted by the Chairperson.
This form is considered a public record and your name and address will be included in the official minutes.
Public's Use of Electronic Media During Public Meetings:
Any person wishing to make a presentation during a public meeting that includes video or another form of electronic media must provide that information in digital format to the Town Secretary’s Office, or other appropriate department, no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting for review by Town staff. Town staff shall review the information as to form and content. The information shall not contain remarks that are prohibited by law. The digital format must be compatible with the Town’s technology equipment.
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Town Council and Board and Commissions are restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. For this reason, action on your statement or inquiry by Council, the Board or Commission, or a Town representative is limited to:
- a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
- a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry; or
- a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas are posted online, and on the Town Hall notice board, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Should an agenda packet be prepared, this will also be available online, along with any draft or approved minutes.
View Agenda Center
Place 1 - Brad Ruthrauff (Chair)
Place 2 - Jason Hobbs
Place 3 - Janvier Werner
Place 4 - Brady Kilpper
Place 5 - Greg Wilson
Place 6 - Donald Gilmore
Place 7 - Kathryn Wells (Vice-Chair)
Place 8, Alternate - Vacant
Place 9, Alternate - Scott Jostes
The Planning & Zoning Commission (P & Z) is part advisory to the Town Council and part quasi-judicial. This Commission exercises the duties and powers as may be now or hereafter conferred by the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance or applicable laws of the State of Texas. P & Z members also serve on the Town's SMARTGrowth Commission and Capital Improvement Advisory Committee. P & Z member responsibilities include:
- Hears, recommends, or determines any matter relating to zoning, planning, or subdivision control as they may be specified or required under the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance or applicable laws of the State of Texas
- Recommends the boundaries of the various zoning districts and appropriate regulations to be enforced therein under the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance or the laws of the State of Texas to the Town Council and to recommend approval or denial of zoning changes and regulations under the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Powers and Duties
The planning and zoning commission shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To recommend to the town council the boundaries of the various zoning districts and appropriate regulations to be enforced therein under subpart B of this Code or the laws of the state and to recommend approval or denial of zoning changes and regulations under this subpart B.
(2) To hear, recommend or determine any matter relating to zoning, planning or subdivision control as they may be specified or required under subpart B of this Code or applicable laws of the state.
(3) To exercise the duties and powers as may be now or hereafter conferred by subpart B of this Code or applicable laws of the state.
CLICK HERE for more information about this commission.
Click on this email (PZ@flower-mound.com) to provide comments to commission members about current or future agenda related items. Please include your name and address within your email. Any non-agenda email(s) will be deleted. Commission members are unable to reply to your message(s) due to Open Meetings and Public Information Act regulations. In addition, correspondence received two hours prior to the meeting start time may not be read as commission members are preparing for the meeting.
Please note your correspondence is considered public information and it is our policy to share any comments with the prospective developer so they can address any community concerns. Staff also encourages all prospective developers to meet with adjacent property owners and neighborhoods to discuss the proposed project.
For additional information or questions, contact Planning Services staff at 972.874.6350 or email@example.com.
Lexin Murphy, Director of Planning Services
LauriAnn Cash, Executive Assistant