- Boards and Commissions
- Environmental Conservation Commission
Environmental Conservation Commission
- First Tuesday of the month
- Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers, Flower Mound, TX, 75028
- 6:30 p.m.
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas are posted online, and on the Town Hall notice board, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Should an agenda packet be prepared this will also be available online, along with any draft or approved minutes.
View Agenda Center
Place 1 - Rich Murcheck
Place 2 - James Seastrom
Place 3 - Karyn Walsh
Place 4 - Marilyn Lawson (Chair)
Place 5 - Alton Bowman
Place 6 - Annaprabha Athappan
Place 7 - Deanna Soper-Pinkelman (Vice Chair)
Place 8, Alternate - Emily Strittmatter
Place 9, Alternate - Juli Greenberg
Place 10, Alternate - Andra Schwenk
The Environmental Conservation Commission (ECC) serves in an advisory capacity to the Town Council on matters pertaining to the conservation of natural resources and building an environmentally sustainable community.
Powers and Duties
- Open space. Promote the town's open space plan and its components and facilitate relations between landowners and land trusts. Develop and implement appropriate land protection techniques and tools for preserving open, productive agricultural, natural, and scenic lands, while creating compatible recreational resources where appropriate.
- Conservation projects. Review, evaluate and/or propose conservation projects in relation to objectives expressed in the open space plan and advise town council on appropriateness of conservation incentives.
- Water quality and conservation. Advise the town council relative to water conservation and the future character and health of the town's bodies of water, stormwater, ground water, and surface water to include reviewing water quality and conservation program activities, prioritizing actions and plans, and public education.
- Tree preservation. Oversee and advise the town council and staff in policy matters relative to tree preservation. Promote tree care, planting, and the proper management of urban forests.
- Special matters. Consider, investigate, report and/or recommend upon any special matter or question coming before the commission within the scope of its duties and responsibilities or referred to it by the town council or town manager.
- Outdoor learning area. Assist in the enhancement, promotion, and preservation of the town's tree farm and outdoor learning area.
- Recruitment and funding. Assist and advise the town council and staff in recruitment of volunteers, facilitating grant applications, and seeking contributions to support environmental initiatives.
- Public engagement. Promote public awareness and community outreach programs related to environmental initiatives.
- Advisory resources. The commission may form subcommittees, recruit unpaid advisors, hold public hearings, encourage the interest of other organizations in its objectives, and engage in similar activities which in its judgment may assist it in making recommendations and promoting environmental conservation.
- Regulations. The commission may propose adoption, amendment, or repealment of regulations to town council as deemed necessary or desirable in order to carry out its powers and duties.
- Reporting. The commission shall submit to the town council, not less than every 12 months, a report of its progress and recommendations.
- Sustainability. The commission shall develop, oversee, and promote the town's sustainability plan and its components.
CLICK HERE for more information about this commission.
Click on this email (ECC@flower-mound.com) to provide comments to commission members about current or future agenda related items. Commission members are unable to reply to your message(s) due to Open Meetings regulations. In addition, correspondence received two hours prior to the meeting start time may not be read as commission members are preparing for the meeting.
Please note your correspondence is considered public information, however, your email, or other information deemed confidential by law, would not be disclosed.