Board of Adjustment
- 6:30 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of the month as needed
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View Agenda Center
The Board of Adjustment performs the following duties:
- Decisions by the board may be presented by the applicant to a court of record for an alternate decision.
- Hears and decides appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official of the Town in the enforcement of subpart B of this code, pursuant to section 78-84, appeals.
- Hears and decides special exceptions to the terms of the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
- Permits variance or modifications of the height, yard, area, coverage, and parking regulations as may be necessary to secure appropriate development of a parcel of land, which differs from other parcels in the district by being of such restricted area, shape, or slope that it cannot be appropriately developed without such modification.
- Serves as the Town’s Oil and Gas Board of Appeals and meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m., as needed.
View the sample request for variance or appeal for information.
Meeting calendar and submittal deadline dates: 2020 BOA Calendar/DocumentCenter/View/23460/2019-BOA-calendar
Click on this email BOA@flower-mound.com to provide comments to board members about current or future agenda related items. Board members are unable to reply to your message(s) due to Open Meetings regulations. In addition, correspondence received 2 hours prior to the meeting start time may not be read as board members are preparing for the meeting.
Please note your correspondence is considered public information, however, your email, or other information deemed confidential by law, would not be disclosed.
For additional information or questions, contact Town staff at 972.874.6356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.