Parks and Recreation
- Refrain from using parks or trails if they are feeling ill.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Be prepared for no access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- While on trails, warn other users of their presence and, as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow the Town of Flower Mound’s guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports, and other group hangouts.
- Observe the Town of Flower Mound’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
Responsibilities and Services
The Town’s Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for acquiring, developing, and maintaining parks, with assistance from the Parks Board, the Community Development Corporation, and the Town Council. The Parks and Recreation Department is also responsible for operating recreational programs, cultural arts, and organizing community-wide special events. The Town provides traditional park and recreational facilities, including 56 parks, a community recreation center, RV campground, and senior center.
Park and Trail Improvements
The Parks and Recreation Department is working hard to enhance the quality of life of Flower Mound residents, including updating and renovating many Flower Mound playgrounds, parks, and trails. Take a look at the Park and Trails Improvements page, or submit a request to improve your favorite park.
Flower Mound Park Pavilions
Rent one of our beautiful park pavilions for your next party or event. The Parks and Recreation Department maintains several pavilions throughout the Town including the pavilion at The Heritage Park of Flower Mound, adjacent to the Fort Wildflower community built playground. Park facility reservations can be scheduled up to six months in advance. Reservations must be made in person at the CAC during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). For more information, call 972.874.6300, or visit our reservations page.
Adventures Online Registration
The Town of Flower Mound is excited to offer online registration through the Adventures Online Registration system. Residents can access up-to-date information and register for Recreation, Athletics, Senior programming, and renew their CAC memberships 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Parks and Trails Master Plan Map
Be sure to check back periodically for updates to the Parks & Trail Map. Trail sections are constantly changing from proposed to existing as the Town continues to develop. If you have any comments or questions regarding the map, feel free to contact Kari Biddix, Park Development Manager, at 972.874.6278 or email.
Download the Flower Mound Parks and Trails Map