Frequently Asked Questions

Public Information Request - How to submit?

On the Town's website using the Public Information Request form or in person at the Town Secretary's Office at 2121 Cross Timbers Road, during office hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Public Comment during a Council meeting - When & how can I speak?

Complete a Public Comment form (also available on a table the day of the meeting) and submit it to the Town Secretary in the Jody Smith Hall (there is usually a well-marked tray next to her seat for the purpose of collecting these prior to the start time of the meeting). 

  1. Every open meeting (regular meetings and work sessions), will include a public comment section on the agenda that will be placed immediately after the invocation and pledge, as applicable, or prior to any other agenda items to be heard by the governmental body (Res. 26-19).
  2. Turn in the Public Comment form to the Town Secretary prior to the time the meeting is scheduled to begin and up to when the public comment portion of the meeting has concluded.
  3. Clearly state your name and address when you begin your remarks.
  4. Speakers are limited to three (3) minutes. Time limits may be adjusted by the Mayor.
  5. Direct your comments to the Town Council .
  6. If you wish to speak about an item that is a Public Hearing, you will be called after the Mayor opens the Public Hearing for that item.
  7. Remarks that are prohibited by law will not be tolerated.
  8. Any person wishing to make a presentation that includes any form of electronic media must provide that digital file to the Town Secretary’s Office, by 12 noon on the day of the meeting for review by the staff. The file must be compatible with the Town’s technology equipment. The information shall not contain remarks that are prohibited by law.
  9. The Texas Open Meetings Act restricts members of the governing body from discussing items not posted on the agenda. Action or responses to your remarks by members of the governing body (if not a posted agenda item) is limited to either a statement of fact, recitation of existing policy, or a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a future meeting.
  10. Town Council jurisdiction includes Town policy and legislative issues.  Daily operational and administrative matters should first be dealt with at the administrative level by calling Town Hall at 972.874.6000 during business hours.

This form is considered a public record and your name and address will be included in the official minutes.

Town Council Minutes - Where can I find?

Click here for the archive center

For minutes prior to 2008 contact the Town Secretary's Office by email or 972.874.6071.