COPPs Program / Homeland Security
The community oriented policing program (Community Oriented Policing Partners or COPPs) implemented in 2000 has been a success due to the partnership between you, the citizens and the Police Department. The program adheres to the basic key philosophy of having beat officers whose main focus is to provide police service to a particular geographic area in the Town. The program has evolved and further developed due largely to the enhanced community communication and in response to Homeland Security. So that we may serve our community, the following programs and changes have been developed:
- Created a Chaplain Corps to provide counseling to citizens and Town personnel after stressful incidents and to assist with delivering death notifications
- Developed a Crime Prevention line 972.874.3357. Used to arrange crime prevention and neighborhood watch programs as well as customized programs
- Developed and managed strategic plans for disseminating information and implemented preparedness plans to include target harding
- Implemented a program to more efficiently meet the needs of traffic concerns, TEAM – Traffic Enforcement and Accident Management
- Managed an anonymous Crime Tip line 972.874.3307
- Operated a Junior Police Academy to reach out to the youth of Flower Mound
- Organized a Citizen Police Academy to give residents an understanding of police procedures
- Restructured our Beat Problem Management procedure
Thank you for support.
COPPs is a program that is improving the quality of life in our Town.
View the beat map and contact information for each beat.