Hound Mound Dog Park
|Hours||Location||Dog Park Rules|
|Daily from 7 a.m. to dusk.
CLOSED Wednesdays for maintenance
|1202 Garden Ridge Blvd (map).||Please review the park rules to help make your experience more enjoyable.|
The Hound Mound at Heritage Park is the Town's 5-acre dog park located on the east side of Heritage Park, as part of the park's phase II plan. Residents provided their ideas for the park's name, and the Town Council approved it on October 19, 2015. The park has separate areas for small and large dogs, and amenities include natural shade, hybrid Bermuda turf, irrigation, seating areas with water fountains, trash receptacles, pet waste stations, landscaping, and 40 parking spaces*. Please watch the following safety video before visiting the Hound Mound, and look at the Animal Services Department's safety presentation.
Thanks to Hollywood Feed!
Hollywood Feed kindly donated all of the dog agility structures at the Hound Mound. Visit the local Flower Mound store for all your dog's needs!
Dog Park Etiquette
Some dog park etiquette to keep in mind:
- Should your pet show signs of illness or a contagious disease, don’t bring him/her to the park.
- Don’t bring a puppy less than four-months-old or a female dog in heat.
- Keep an eye on your dog! Don’t let your dog be aggressive with another dog.
- Obviously, you should pick up after your dog.
- Don’t bring food for yourself or your dog.
- Bring a ball, but be prepared to lose it.
- Don’t let your dog run in a pack. Intervene when play starts to get too rough.
- A full list of rules is also available.
- More information can be found by reading through some frequently asked questions.
Click to get more dog park information.