Board of Adjustment
- 6:30 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of the month as needed
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View Agenda Center
The Board of Adjustment performs the following duties:
- Decisions by the board may be presented by the applicant to a court of record for an alternate decision.
- Hears and decides appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official of the Town in the enforcement of subpart B of this code, pursuant to section 78-84, appeals.
- Hears and decides special exceptions to the terms of the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
- Permits variance or modifications of the height, yard, area, coverage, and parking regulations as may be necessary to secure appropriate development of a parcel of land, which differs from other parcels in the district by being of such restricted area, shape, or slope that it cannot be appropriately developed without such modification.
- Serves as the Town’s Oil and Gas Board of Appeals and meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m., as needed.
View the sample request for variance or appeal for information. For questions, please contact Building Inspections by email or call 972.874.6356.
Meeting calendar and submittal deadline dates: 2018 BOA Calendar